Thursday, June 24, 2010

cattle tank

The deer ran, looking back towards the intruders wandering down the dirt road toward the small piddle of standing water that could not be found in any fishing book, on any blog, or even the Arizona Game and Fish website.

In the mid-summer fishing doldrums when the sun slaps you around and the bass down south refuse to look at anything popping around on the top sometimes you just have to take desperate measures and try not to step in cow shit or twist your ankle on the rough, dry used-to-be muddy banks of the place apparently known as Fagan Tank. I don't know how to feel about it. Probably a good place to dump a body, though.

lunker.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:17 AM

    A+ for effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just depressing right there. On the bright side, you did catch fish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks MG, whats that bring my GPA up to? Somewhere around 2.5, I think.

    Luciano- Yes, sometimes it is a little depressing around here, especially this time of year if you can't get to the mountains. LMB topwater soon, though... fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had fun screwing with the green sunfish on their beds,I caught three species, bass,greens, and gills. it was a lot more than I expected from what appeared to be a muddy shit hole. I did however step in quite a lot of poop. Ya' win some, ya' lose some, I feel like I won over all. Plus this is a tank nobody will tell you how to get to and I'm having fun holding it's location over people's heads. I tell 'em just walk south until you get tired and turn around an go home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaron, don't forget all in all it was a 5 species day. And now I have a super cool Crappie in my fish tank, who else can say that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Talk about hotspottin'

    Find any bleached cow skulls?

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've fished a lot of Arizona and found one cow skull near the black river that I painted black and put our logo on we named it Elmer "like the glue" and it's our mascot we'll put it up on the blog soon it looks cool and also is a good counter weight on top of Alex's tank to keep the python from getting out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like the elements for a FatGuy Voodoo Ritual are all in place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:58 PM

    That place is a real surprise sometimes. I first went there with my grandpa and thought he was out of his mind. Ended up catching about 10 nice size bass out of that mess. The largest was about 3 pounds. There was alot more water then but it didn't look much different.

    ReplyDelete

What sayeth you?