Tuesday, January 26, 2010

In Colorado These "Ice Guys" don't mess around

When Ice fishing, (something I am not very good at), everyone has a hidden spot to drill. Chris and his buddy Andy have found an area that is virtually untouched, and holds the big pike. I have been out 2 times on the Ice with my buddy Nate at Eleven Mile Reservoir, and only pulled up a nice Bow, No complaints it was a fun adventure walking on water, hearing the ice crack below you, and watching my buddy fall on his ass almost breaking it!!!

I haven't really seen too much fish through the ice bit Nate saw himself a beast of a pike as I was pulling in my good 14 inch bow, and a fat little fart he was. Normally I do not go for "Bait Dunkers", "Bait Chuckers" or what ever the hell you want to call them. Obvious fact is you can't throw a fly on a frozen lake when there is 20" of ice.


Chris on Saturday comes into the royal tavern after sending me these photos on my cell phone about the 9lb. pike he caught and thought he was the man.
After tossing a 10 inch mud dog on his tip up in his new secrete hole I would agree.

So Chris and I are sitting at our friends house, Jake and Sina, The German couple as I like to call them, Watching the Vikings and Saints game. I thought Farve was going to make his last trip to the Super Bowl instead the last pass he throws had to be a damn interception. Anyway enough of that rambling, Chris and I go outside of a smoke when his phone rings. After all day of bragging about his 9lb. pike his head drops, his voice has a bit of a stutter, and his skin turns pale. His Ice fishing buddy, Andy, just tells him that he pulled a 20lb pike out of the same hole! Chris, I can tell is kicking himself in the ass a bit for watching the football game instead of fishing this hole again. But what are you gonna do? who would think over 30 lbs of pike would be sitting in the same hole? So a total of 7 pike caught in the same hole in 2 days, I think that is a good way to start 2010........

Kyle - who needs to do some ice fishing.

1 comment:

What sayeth you?